Mail reader & spam

Aaron Brady castironpi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 17:47:34 EDT 2008

On Oct 13, 2:19 pm, Cousin Stanley <cousinstan... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm hesitating to change news readers ....
>
>   You might try the python-based  XPN  news client at ....
>
>      http://xpn.altervista.org/index-en.html
>
>   I've used it for the past few years
>   and like it very much ....
>
> --
> Stanley C. Kitching
> Human Being
> Phoenix, Arizona

Dear Human Being,

Hi, I tried it out.  I like the layout definitely, plus the feel of
it, colors, etc.  It doesn't do the things I named that I like
though.  It's threading is buggy and watch flags don't propagate
consistently.  And there isn't any less spam.

Google has a full screen of topics.  Click on one, and get the full
thread.  It's (contraction) a lot more bandwidth, which might be
important to people still on phone modems.