Python certification

Eric Wertman ewertman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 16:39:06 EDT 2008

> Given the way that medical/legal licensing is used to stifle competition,
> prevent innovation, and keep people from earning a living delivering simple
> services that people need at prices they can afford, 'more like' would have
> to be done very carefully.

To draw an analogy... imagine, if you will, a system where
pharmaceutical companies are the leading source of doctor
certifications.  While I'm sure there are many valid arguments that
would show today's system is far from perfect, I'm thinking that would
be a worse horror by some order of magnitude.