How to get the actual address of a object

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Fri Oct 24 01:10:35 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 2:58 PM,  <mujunshan at gmail.com> wrote:
> maybe id(x) can get it ,but how to cast it back into a object

You can't. Python is NOT C/C++/Java or whatever.

If you have a variable, x, and you want to "copy" it
to another variable, y. Use assignment.

Most (if not all) objects in python a referenced.
A lot of types are also immutable.

Describe your problem, perhaps we may be able to
provide you a "better" solution ? Can I statically re-cast
an object into a different type by getting the address
of another object .... is not a very good problem.

If you're after, coercing one type into another, for example:

>>> x = 2
>>> y = "2"
>>> z = int(y)
>>> x