Tkinter: How to get Label wraplength functionality in Text Box

Mudcat mnations at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 12:46:58 EDT 2008

Awesome...there it goes. I guess my main problem was trying to
evaluate the box before it had been displayed (or all the frame
propagations were finished). The key was getting the <Map> binding in
there once I got the count functionality to work. After all
that...such a simple function:

    def textBoxResize(self, event):
        widget = event.widget
        dispLines = widget.count("1.0", "end", "displaylines")
        widget.config(height=dispLines)

Thanks for the help!