'Hidden Features of Python'

Joe Strout joe at strout.net
Fri Oct 17 12:48:26 EDT 2008

On Oct 17, 2008, at 10:35 AM, coldpizza wrote:

> If you are using and IDE, such as Eclipse, PyScripter, etc, then CTR
> +click on 'this' should do the trick.
> In ipython you can do 'import this' and then type 'this??' Or if you
> are *not* lazy, you could try locating the file in the Python tree.

Oh!  They're actually talking about a module literally called 'this'!
I thought that was just a placeholder, like "foo".

Interesting (and useful).

As for examining the source though, it seems like it could be
shortened up quite a bit now -- in fact all the source except the
assignment to s could be replaced with the one-liner

   print s.encode('rot13')

Though the existing source is interesting in its own way too.

Thanks,
- Joe