IDE Question

jdd jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 14:02:45 EDT 2008

On Oct 15, 1:19 pm, "Steve Phillips" <steve... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am just wondering what seems to be the most popular IDE. The reason
> I ask is I am currently at war with myself when it comes to IDE's. It
> seems like every one I find and try out has something in it that
> others don't and viceversa. I am in search for the perfect IDE and
> after many months of searching, I always come back to IDLE to do what
> I need to do. I want to use Komodo badly but the one issue I have with
> that is sometimes the auto-complete works and other times it doesn't.
> Even if I carbon copy a script.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Steve P

I would personally recommend that you take the time to learn your way
around a powerful text editor such as emacs or vim (I use emacs,
myself), however that may not fit well with your personal editing
tastes, and the learning curve is a bit steep. The editing tastes
problem can be solved once you learn your way around a powerful text
editor (emacs, for instance, is practically infinitely customizable),
and the power you get from using them is amazing.

If you're set on using an IDE, the python wiki link that other people
have linked to has a decent overview of good options.