Python 2.6, GUI not working on vista?

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Thu Oct 9 18:05:06 EDT 2008

* "Martin v. Löwis" (Thu, 09 Oct 2008 23:32:42 +0200)
> >> I say, ignore this advice and disable UAC.
> > Fine. Can you then see to it that this is mentioned on the Python
> > download page?
>
> I think Thorsten's advice is helpful (in the sense that it solves the
> problem, and is IMO pragmatic also),

I can't except this honour, it was Michel's advice and I only seconded.

> but I *still* wouldn't put it on the Python download page, for fear of
> the flak from the security folks who start screaming that the PSF
> should never give such advice.

Absolutely correct. Disabling UAC is a major change in the whole
security model in Windows - and while one can mention that, it's
certainly nothing you should suggest.

Thorstn