Porn Addiction Solutions?

Aaron "Castironpi" Brady castironpi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 20:41:33 EDT 2008

On Oct 10, 10:33 am, Aspersieman <aspersie... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:11:07 +0200, <pheeh.z... at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Does anyone else find it amusing that this poster assumes 'imaginary'
> >> and the Lord Jesus are polar opposites???
>
> > I'm guessing...only you!
> > --
>
> Nope, not only him.
>
> On another note, why is this a discussion on c.l.p? Shouldn't we
> discourage these kinds of posts?

*Lol* to "calling the base class constructor" - Reacher.  But I
actually have a second to treat this.

First, no the poster did not assume the two referents were 'polar
opposites' per se (smacks of rhetoric), even to the extent that
individuals and relations to reality can be.  In other words, neither
Sherlock Holmes nor George Bush are opposites of imaginary.  No it
would not be exactly amusing if he did.

It is not clear from his post that he had thought through his advice
logically, or that it would help, unless so by definition: "Do
something that would help you."  If the latter (analytically true),
then no it should not be discouraged, a kind shoulder is nice to cry
on, even if its owner merely says, "there, there" or "best of luck".
If the former (not thought through), then no, he apparently means
well.  Someone (apparently) asked for help and he shouldn't be turned
away, even if the primary purpose of a gathering is academic and
unrelated.  What was the exact content of his advice, what are its
intended effects, and what are the actual effects, to the extent
they're different?

Neither the original post nor the replies were contrary to the group's
goal, I didn't find.  People are people and humor is good in small
quantities.  Furthermore, I have wondered what some of the external
beliefs and habits of the readers are, as they never show up
otherwise, and if only to know a little better who I'm talking to...
and hearing from!

Obviously the essays go somewhere else, in the vein of 'wrong time
wrong place', but a simple +1 quitting, +1 free expression, -1
addiction from a few, or whatever the beliefs they have are, would be
appropriate; so I hold.