Python barcode decoding

Marco Bizzarri marco.bizzarri at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 06:32:48 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Robocop <bthayre at physics.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any decent (open source or commercial) python
> barcode recognition tools or libraries.  I need to read barcodes from
> pdfs or images, so it will involve some OCR algorithm.  I also only
> need to read the code 93 symbology, so it doesn't have to be very
> fancy.  The most important thing to me is that it outputs in some
> python friendly way, or ideally that it is written in python.  Any
> tips would be great!
> --

If you don't mind using a commercial Java lib, use
http://www.tasman.co.uk/bars/readme.html. I'ts not exactly cheap, but
it works very well, and support is good.

The only suggestion I can give you is: stay away from mixed
OCR/Barcode recognition software; usually they are much slower.

Regards

--
Marco Bizzarri
http://notenotturne.blogspot.com/