Tuple parameter unpacking in 3.x

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Oct 5 12:13:18 EDT 2008

Martin Geisler wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> writes:

>>> From reading the PEP-3113 I got the impression that the author
>>> thought that this feature was unused and didn't matter.

And that there were good alternatives, and that there were technical
reasons why maintaining the feature in the face of other arguments
options would be a nuisance.

 >>> With this I wish to say that it matters to me.
>> Alas, I think it's too late. I feel your pain.
>
> Thanks! And I know it's too late, I should have found out about this
> earlier :-(

For future reference, the time to have said something would have been
during the 3 month alpha phase, which is for testing feature and api
changes.  I suspect, from reading the pydev discussion, that the answer
still would have been to either use a def statement and add the unpack
line or to subscript the tuple arg to stick with lambda expressions.
But who knows?

tjr