paster 64bit windows compile

Jules Stevenson lists at js3d.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 14:46:16 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I've been tearing my hair out trying to get pylon installed most of the day,
and it seems that both setup tools and paster.exe have some serious issues
with 64bit on windows.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with 2.6 64bit.

I think I've got it nearly all up and running, the biggest problem is that
paster fails to find the python executable when run, as it is 32bit and the
python executable is 64 [afaik]. Does anyone either have a 64bit compile, or
know where the source code for paster.exe lives so I can attempt to compile
it myself. It doesn't appear to be in the source for PasterScript package.
Somehow it 'appears' when setup .py install is run, but I cannot find any c
code anywhere.

Many thanks in advance

Jules