Read data from Serial Command

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Oct 10 22:58:17 EDT 2008

On 2008-10-10, brianrpsgt1 <brianlong at cox.net> wrote:

> Gave that a shot....  what is happening is that the script is
> hanging.

Hanging where?  Which line? You'd get a lot more helpful
answers if you provided details about what your program is
doing rather than vague statements like "it doesn't work" or
"it's hanging".

You also need to post the actual code that you're running.
Since it didn't used to hang and it does now, you have
presumably changed it.  We don't have any way of knowing what
code you're running, so how can we tell you what's wrong?

> Does that mean that the write function is not making
> it through, thus there is nothing to return?

I don't know what "the write function is not making it through"
means.

Like I said before: are you _sure_ you don't need to terminate
the commands with a carriage return?  Do you understand that
question?  After you type a command in Hyperterminal do you
have to press [Enter] in order to get a response?  If so, you
need to append a carriage-return to the end of the command
strings you're writing like this: 'command parameter1 parameter2\r'

You might want to read through this:

Grant