PyGUI as a standard GUI API for Python?

lkcl luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 11 04:05:04 EDT 2008

On Sep 17, 1:16 am, Todd Whiteman <to... at activestate.com> wrote:
> Todd Whiteman wrote:
> > Mark Hammond's Python/Mozilla work has enabled products like Komodo,
> > Miro (Democracy) and the OLPC project to use Python as a major driver
> > for consistent cross-platform GUI applications.
>
> > Personally, I believe XULRunner has a lot to offer for Python GUI
> > development, I'm currently finishing up some documentation steps to show
> > off how to use it specifically for Python (I'll post it to this list
> > when it's finished).
>
> Here is the tutorial I've started in order to show off building a
> Python/XULRunner GUI application.http://pyxpcomext.mozdev.org/no_wrap/tutorials/pyxulrunner/python_xul...
>
> The details in this tutorial mostly targets a Windows/Linux platform
> (MacOSX is possible with a few deviations, I have tried to cover these
> deviations where applicable).
>
> Feedback is welcome.

oh for _goodness_ sake :)  i don't know whether to be derangedly-happy
and overexcited that pyxpcom and pydom exist, or whether to be annoyed
that i'll have to do _yet another_ port of the pyjamas widget set api
to another platform.

how come this stuff is so hard to find?  it's a _brilliant_ idea to be
running python in a web browser, direct.

l.