indentation

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Mon Oct 20 08:24:51 EDT 2008

Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid> wrote:

> Ross Ridge a écrit :
>> Bruno Desthuilliers  <bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid> wrote:
>>> I can't remember having seen any other "standard" so far.
>>
>> I've seen various indentation styles used in examples on this newsgroup.
>
> I meant: in a real-life project.

When I asked a similar question back in 2006, Sybren Stuvel offered:

> Duncan Booth enlightened us with:
> > Can you point at any significant body of publically visible Python
> > code which uses tabs exclusively  ?
>
> Everything Python at http://www.stuvel.eu/software

Peter Decker came up with:
> Dabo.  http://dabodev.com

Those were the only two suggestions given for Python projects with tabs as
a coding style. I don't know if the first of these has more than 1
developer, the second lists 7 people as contributors.

So it looks like real-life projects do exist, just not very many or very
large.