equivalent of py2exe in other os

Astan Chee stanc at al.com.au
Mon Oct 13 03:21:29 EDT 2008

Hi,
Thanks for all the links and information. It seems that I can't make
linux binaries in windows of my python code. What I mean is that I am
using windows to develop my python code, but I want it to run in linux
and mac. So far py2exe,gui2exe,pyinstaller,freeze,etc seems to all
create .exe in because I am in windows. Is what I am after not possible
so far?
Thanks again for all the help.
Cheers
Astan
PS: I already did some google and tried out all the suggestions everyone
gave but still nothing.

Benjamin Kaplan wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Joe Strout <joe at strout.net
> <mailto:joe at strout.net>> wrote:
>
>     On Oct 7, 2008, at 8:43 AM, Benjamin Kaplan wrote:
>
>         I believe that all (or nearly all) Unix variants come with
>         Python preinstalled. Ubuntu, at least, has a lot of system
>         programs written in Python. Even Mac OS X requires Python.
>

>     Yes, but with significant differences between different Python
>     distributions, you might be safer bundling whatever version of
>     Python your app requires with the app itself.  Otherwise, you risk
>     your app failing (and probably puking up runtime exceptions all
>     over the poor user's lap) on some distros or versions.
>
>     (My Mac OS X machine comes with Python 2.5.1, for example, which
>     is hardly the latest.)
>

> 1) 2.6 doesn't break backwards-compatibility, just don't use anything
> added in 2.6 and you're fine.
>
> 2)wx hasn't been compiled for 2.6 yet, so the OP is probably still
> using 2.5 and there are no api changes between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2
>

>     Best,
>     - Joe
>

>     --

"Formulations of number theory: Complete, Consistent, Non-trivial. Choose two." -David Morgan-Mar

Animal Logic
http://www.animallogic.com

Please think of the environment before printing this email.

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this document if you have received it in error. We do not guarantee this email is error or virus free.