Trying to install module, No module named scipy_distutils.core (but i have scipy)

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 14:19:03 EDT 2008

process wrote:
> trying to install PyKF-0.1 (Kalman Filters)
> http://pykf.sourceforge.net/
>

> I have Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib installed an have successfully
> installed other packages using them.
>

> $ setup.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./setup.py", line 2, in <module>
>     from scipy_distutils.core import setup
> ImportError: No module named scipy_distutils.core
>

> #!/usr/bin/env python
> from scipy_distutils.core import setup

scipy_distutils was from a very old version of scipy that used Numeric, not
numpy. PyKF will have to be upgraded to use numpy. I suggest asking the author
about it. If you are willing to take on the task of upgrading it to numpy, come
join us on numpy-discussion, and we'll help you out.

   http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."