Improving interpreter startup speed

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 17:04:11 EDT 2008

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 12:32:07 -0700, Pedro Borges wrote:

> Hi guys,
>

> Is there a way to improve the interpreter startup speed?
>
> In my machine (cold startup) python takes 0.330 ms and ruby takes 0.047
> ms, after cold boot python takes 0.019 ms and ruby 0.005 ms to start.
>

> TIA

um... does it really matter? It's less than a second and only once on the
program startup...

if you've found yourself destroying small python processes thousands of
times, try creating the controller program in python, so this controller
program would import the "small modules" and doesn't restart python
interpreters that many times.