Need some advice

Godson Gera godson.g at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 12:03:58 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 9:13 PM, azrael <jura.grozni at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am starting to work on a application and need some advice.
>
> I am planing to develop a desktop application which would have some
> usage, but also it should be able to comunicate to a web server which
> hosts a php web application. So I wanted to ask if someone has some
> expirience with connecting PHP webapplications with Python desktop
> applications. Could someone at leaset point me to the right direction
> where to look for informations.
>
> Please, I know that google is my best friend, and I googled already,
> but hoped that someone would give me a really great link
> --

When you want your application to talk with a web server it doesn't matter
if its PHP, JSP or ASP. You have to use HTTP protocol to connect to
webserver. If you have simple needs look for 'urllib' in python standard
library,  Use threads while using urllib with your GUI other wise the whole
application will become unresponsive.

Godson Gera
http://godson.in