Improving interpreter startup speed

durumdara at gmail.com durumdara at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 04:20:56 EDT 2008

To make faster python, you can do:

1.) Use mod_python, and not cgi.
2.) Use other special python server that remaining in memory, and call
it from compiled C code. For example, the C code communicate this server
with pipes, tcp, (or with special files, and the result will come back
in other file).
You can improve this server when you split threads to python
subprocesses, and they still alive for X minutes.
You have one control process (py), and this (like the apache)
communicate the subprocesses, kill them after timeout, and start a new
if needed.

dd