Making class attributes non-case-sensitive?

Rafe rafesacks at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:56:11 EDT 2008

Thanks for the COM pointers Matt. I'll definitely look in to these.
Perhaps this will become a non-issue when I use one of these COM
wrappers...

> Anybody who is used to developing at all is going to
> accept that the software is case sensitive.
Case sensitive? Yes. Letting types create hard to debug behaviors that
raise either no exceptions or strange ones? No. This is what I am
trying to add. Protection.

> It still isn't clear to me _why_ you are wrapping this COM object. You
> aren't adding any functionality.
I've actually been able to add a lot of functionality. I just didn't
post the details of how I'm using it because I didn't think it had any
bearing on the original question. I can add a lot of automation and
convention enforcement to the API by wrapping and extending the
applications object-model. If you want me to give some real-world
examples (which would be related to 3D animation production) I
wouldn't mind doing so at all. I was just trying really hard to keep
the question generic (and failed it seems).

Thanks again for sticking with the discussion!

- Rafe