Upgrading from 2.5 to 2.6

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Oct 13 01:42:58 EDT 2008

Daniel Klein <danielkleinad at gmail.com> wrote:

>Are there any guidelines for upgrading from 2.5 to 2.6?
>
>Do you have to uninstall 2.5, or does the installer do that for you?

Neither.  It will be installed in a separate directory.  If you don't want
2.5 any more, you can uninstall it yourself from Control Panel.

>I have wxPython, mod_python and Django installed. Will these have to
>reinstalled/reconfigured for 2.6?

Yes.  Each major version (2.4, 2.5, 2.6) is separate, and has its own DLL.
Further, assuming you installed these using MSIs or Windows exes, you will
have to download new versions of them.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.