quick newbie syntax question

Chris Rebert crebert at ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 20 15:16:41 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Robocop <bthayre at physics.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Is it possible to do something like this syntactically:
>
> year = '2008'
> month = '09'
> limit = '31'
> for i in range(1,limit):

This previous line will fail. range() takes numbers, not strings.
Change 'limit' to an int.

>  temp = Table.objects.filter(date = year'-'month'-'i)    <----screwed

I believe you're looking for the string formatting syntax, to wit:

temp = Table.objects.filter(  date="%s-%s-%s" % (year, month, i)  )

Note that you can let 'year' and 'month' be integers now, as they will
be converted to strings for you automatically.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Follow the path of the Iguana...