[ANN] XPN 1.2.5
nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Tue Sep 16 21:31:09 CEST 2008
XPN (X Python Newsreader) is a multi-platform newsreader with Unicode
support. It is written with Python+GTK. It has features like
scoring/actions, X-Face and Face decoding, muting of quoted text,
newsrc import/export, find article and search in the body, spoiler
char/rot13, random taglines and configurable attribution lines.
You can find it on:
Changes in this release:
* v1.2.5: rewritten the articles management, now the articles are stored in a
SQLite dB. Articles management now is faster and easier.
Your xpn-1.0.0 groups and articles will be automatically imported
and converted to the new format.
* v1.2.5: added a filter toolbar that lets you filter the articles by Subject
From and Body content.
* v1.2.5: improved the algorithm used to build the discussion threads
* v1.2.5: revisited the menus and some windows
* v1.2.5: added automatic headers download every tot minutes
* v1.2.5: some minor fixes and refinements.
XPN is translated in Italian French and German, if you'd like to translate it
in your language and you are familiar with gettext and po-files
editing please contact me (xpn at altervista.org).
Some memories are best forgotten
_ _ _
| \| |___ _ __ ___ __(_)___
| .` / -_) ' \/ -_|_-< (_-<
More information about the Python-list