Is there a SOAP module that can do this...?

thebjorn BjornSteinarFjeldPettersen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 21:23:01 CEST 2008


I've been trying to use SOAPpy and ZSI (with and without the use of
wsdl2py) to communicate with a SOAP server (looks like it's a WebLogic
server(?) in front of some enterprise java bean) and not having much
luck.  I got them to send me an example of what the bytes on the wire
are supposed to look like (attached below), and I got it to "work" by
going lo-tech:

    cn = httplib.HTTPSConnection('test.xx.no',443)
    cn.putrequest("POST", "/service/url")
    cn.putheader("Host", "test.xx.no")
    cn.putheader("Content-type", 'text/xml; charset="UTF-8"')
    cn.putheader("Content-length", "%d" % len(soap_message))
    cn.putheader("SOAPAction", '""')
    cn.endheaders()
    cn.send(soap_message)

Is there a better way to do this?  Can it be done with any of the
Python SOAP libraries?

Bjorn

soap message follows:

<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <Header xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" />
    <env:Body>
    <submitMessage xmlns="http://no/brreg/BReMS/WebService/services">
      <cpaid>y111</cpaid>
      <securityKey>y222</securityKey>
      <message><![CDATA[<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1'?>
<SOAP:Envelope xmlns:SOAP='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'
xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'>
<SOAP:Header xmlns:eb='http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/
schema/msg-header-2_0.xsd'>
<eb:MessageHeader eb:id='1' eb:version='2.0' SOAP:mustUnderstand='1'>
<eb:From>
  <eb:PartyId eb:type='orgnr-submitter'>x111</eb:PartyId>
  <eb:PartyId eb:type='orgnr-caseworker'>x222</eb:PartyId>
  <eb:Role>Submitter</eb:Role>
</eb:From>
<eb:To>
  <eb:PartyId eb:type='orgnr-registrator'>x111</eb:PartyId>
  <eb:Role>Registrator</eb:Role>
</eb:To>
<eb:CPAId>y111</eb:CPAId>
<eb:ConversationId>ccd6dc26-836f-4768-8d28-5d46a872b9e8</
eb:ConversationId>
<eb:Service eb:type='lockup'>x444</eb:Service>
<eb:Action>appendMessage</eb:Action>
<eb:MessageData>
  <eb:MessageId>ccd6dc26-836f-4768-8d28-5d46a872b9e8</eb:MessageId>
  <eb:Timestamp>23.09.2006</eb:Timestamp>
</eb:MessageData>
<eb:Description xml:lang='no'></eb:Description>
</eb:MessageHeader>
</SOAP:Header>
<SOAP:Body>
<LegacyData>
<JegerproveInn xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="JegerproveInn.xsd"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <Arrangor>
       <ArrangorId>3</ArrangorId>
       <ArrangorNavn>
          <Navn1>BBB</Navn1>
          <Navn5></Navn5>
       </ArrangorNavn>
       <PersonNavn>
          <Fornavn>CCC</Fornavn>
          <Etternavn>DDD</Etternavn>
       </PersonNavn>
       <Kommunenr>9999</Kommunenr>
       <Telefon>12345678</Telefon>
       <Epost>a at b.no</Epost>
    </Arrangor>
 </JegerproveInn></LegacyData></SOAP:Body></SOAP:Envelope>]]>
</message>
    </submitMessage>
  </env:Body>
</env:Envelope>



More information about the Python-list mailing list