Looking for File comparison utility that produces actual differences

dudeja.rajat at gmail.com dudeja.rajat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 14:40:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

I looking for a file comparison utility in Python that works like
'diff' command in Unix and 'comp' in Windows.
The present 'cmd'  in filecmp module only presents output in the form
of 1 or 0 i.e whether the 2 files differ or not?

So, I'm lookin for something that generates actual differences and
moreover it is cross platform as well. As I need that same thing in
both my windows and linux box.

Even if it is a utlility please suggest.

Thanks and regards,
Rajat