wxpython ms-dos black window popping up in background

icarus rsarpi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 17:35:13 EDT 2008

Oh ok. Thanks. In windows xp I just renamed the file extension to .pyw
That did it.

one more question...

how do I create a pythonw standalone executable that works on w32,
linux, mac, etc..?

My intent is to have the process transparent to the user. He wouldn't
even know the app was written in python. All he knows that when he
double-clicks on it, the application pops up without the DOS black
screen in the background (for w32 users.)