dict slice in python (translating perl to python)

hofer blabla at dungeon.de
Thu Sep 11 11:48:52 EDT 2008

Thanks a lot for all your answers.

There's quite some things I learnt :-)

[v1,v2,v3] = ...
can be typed as
v1,v2,v3 = . . .

I also wasn't used to
map(myhash.get, ['one', 'two', 'two'])
itemgetter('one', 'one', 'two')(x)

I also didn't know
print "%(one)s\n%(two)s\n%(two)s" % mydict

The reason I'd like to have a short statement for above is, that this
is for me basically just
some code, to name and use certain fields of a hash in i given code
section.

The real example would be more like:

name,age,country = itemgetter('name age country'.split())(x) # or any
of my above versions

# a lot of code using name / age / country

thanks a gain and bye