Python based barcode readers

Robocop bthayre at physics.ucsd.edu
Mon Sep 22 18:44:41 EDT 2008

Does anyone know of any python based barcode readers?  I'm looking for
something (commercial or open source) that will use some OCR algorithm
to read barcodes from an image or ps/pdf file, and ideally will be
something along the lines of a callable python script.  I have some
pretty simple needs, i'm only trying to read code 93 barcodes, so i
don't need it to be able to identify multiple symbologies or
anything.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!