ka-ping yee tokenizer.py

Karl Kobata karl.kobata at syncira.com
Tue Sep 16 15:48:51 EDT 2008

Hi Fredrik,

This is exactly what I need.  Thank you.
I would like to do one additional function.  I am not using the tokenizer to
parse python code.  It happens to work very well for my application.
However, I would like either or both of the following variance:
1) I would like to add 2 other characters as comment designation
2) write a module that can readline, modify the line as required, and
finally, this module can be used as the argument for the tokenizer.

Def modifyLine( fileHandle ):
  # readline and modify this string if required

For token in tokenize.generate_tokens( modifyLine( myFileHandle ) ):
	Print token

Anxiously looking forward to your thoughts.
karl