Time.sleep(0.0125) not available within Linux

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Sep 27 10:10:49 EDT 2008

On 2008-09-27, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <dZOdnT0NKORdEEDVnZ2dnUVZ_rvinZ2d at posted.usinternet>, Grant
> Edwards wrote:
>
>> On 2008-09-26, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand>
>> wrote:

>>> Why not?
>>
>> Because it might not be.  It depends on the user's newsreader
>> and editor settings.
>
> So, should I not assume that they can see the content as well,
> because it might not be visible, depending on the user's
> newsreader and editor settings?

Thats seems like a bit of reductio ad absurdum.  My
observations over the years confirm the advice that you
shouldn't place information solely in the subject line.  If you
rely on people re-reading the subject line as the read and
reply to the body of the posting, you'll often get bad results.
People will miss information that was left out of the body and
placed solely in the subject line.  I've seen it happen over an
over again (this thread is an example).

If you don't care whether you get timely and accurate
the pertinent information in the body of the posting.

--
Grant