(in memory) database

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Sep 2 13:50:10 EDT 2008

On 2 Sep, 17:38, Zentrader <zentrad... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't understand why Cameron has a different version of Python which
> > doesn't seem to have sqlite support enabled.
>
> Agreed, but won't the package manager tell him if python-sqlite is
> installed?

It shouldn't need to be installed: the python2.5 package includes the
sqlite3 module and the _sqlite extension module. He's running a more
modern version of Ubuntu than I am, but I don't think that they've
reintroduced the python-sqlite package in any form.

>  That would be the next step since it appears that SQLite
> intself is already installed.  Since Ubuntu uses precompied binaries,
> Python should be configured for SQLite which again leaves no python-
> sqlite as the only possibility (yeah right).  BTW Python is easy to
> install manually.

Indeed, which is why I think that there must be a manually installed
Python on his system, especially given that /usr/local/lib/python2.5/
sqlite3/__init__.py is one of the files mentioned in the traceback.

Paul