PyGUI as a standard GUI API for Python?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Sep 4 04:31:45 EDT 2008

On 2008-09-04 07:49, Kay Schluehr wrote:
> 3) Following the public rumor mill and the latest hype RIA i.e. the
> merge of web- and desktop applications with systems like Adobe AIR,
> JavaFX, Google Gears and MS Silverlight is the future of frontend
> development. With the exception of IronPython and Silverlight, Python
> hasn't even entered this game and no one knows if it ever will.

Actually, it has already and quite some time ago:

The recipe is simple: use Python for the business logic, database
interfacing, etc and have it talk to a Flex front-end via XML-RPC
or REST.

As a nice side-effect, this also results in a better separation
between GUI and backend, effectively making the solution future-proof
and easy to adapt to other front-end technologies.

We've been working with this approach for almost a year now and
so far never had to look back.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 04 2008)