problem with urllib

venkat sanaka venkatsanaka at
Wed Apr 1 01:10:44 CEST 2009

This was the code i executed.

>>> proxies={'http':''}
>>> opener = urllib.request.FancyURLopener(proxies)
>>> f ="")

Exception AttributeError: AttributeError("'FancyURLopener' object has no
attribute 'tempcache'",) in <bound method FancyURLopener.__del__ of
<urllib.request.FancyURLopener object at 0x010A40F0>> ignored
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#11>", line 1, in <module>
    f ="")
  File "C:\Python30\lib\urllib\", line 1439, in open
    return self.open_unknown_proxy(proxy, fullurl, data)
  File "C:\Python30\lib\urllib\", line 1458, in open_unknown_proxy
    raise IOError('url error', 'invalid proxy for %s' % type, proxy)
IOError: [Errno url error] invalid proxy for http: ''

I know that url has to be used in proxies list but my proxy address is and it is squid proxy server.