python for loop

Rhodri James rhodri at
Wed Apr 1 05:44:31 CEST 2009

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 04:15:00 +0100, Lada Kugis <lada.kugis at>

> On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 03:59:36 +0100, "Rhodri James"
> <rhodri at> wrote:
>> Two opportunities to forget to lie about how big your array is

> It is rank 3, meaning a33 is the last element. I don't see how any
> alternative can be simpler than that.

You were saying about translating between C programs and FORTRAN
libraries.  C arrays are 0-based, FORTRANs are 1-based.  The
entry and exit points therefore give you two opportunities to
forget that you need to translate.  I don't rate that as simple,