Python Goes Mercurial

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Wed Apr 1 22:42:03 EDT 2009

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <tq7ca6-8es.ln1 at ozzie.tundraware.com>, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
>
>> ,,, when I suggested that better open source tools existed, they kindly
>> explained their complete lack of interest in moving several millions
>> of lines of code to anything new.
>
> What was their explanation?

Their entire internal workflow from development through final release
and deployment was built around these ancient/nonstandard toolset. It
was economically infeasible to retool both the technology and the
processes for millions of lines of code under version control - there
just wasn't an ROI for it. This is not uncommon in large legacy
environments in my experience.

Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com