Sending SMS using python script

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 07:00:14 EDT 2009

Hi Guptha:
Most SMS providers (you'd be dealing with resellers mostly) have some kind
of HTTP API to send SMS (even bulk SMS, upto a point). So you using standard
Python HTTP module to invoke the SMS provider API.

For SMS service providers, just google thru or search yellow pages in your
region of operation. There are several Global providers as well, who provide
ability to send SMS to almost any country around the world.

As for Matteo's site, it is Italian (I think). Try Google or Altavista
website translation engine, and you should manage to browse thru it.

HTH,
bani

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 4:17 PM, guptha <gjango.py at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 2, 12:41 pm, Matteo <tadweles... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I use a programme, written in Python, which sends sms through the sms
> > providers. You might want to have a look to the source code:
> >
> > http://www.moioli.net/Progetti___1/MoioSMS___Messaggi_GRATIS_da_Inter...
>
> Thanks for your reply Matteo
> It will be more helpful if you mention the concept of your programme.
> i.e .How your programme works(I can't understand the posting from your
> site - is not in English)
>
> As for my knowledge on this subject i can say
> 1. The sms send by us will reach SMS center of the service provider
> (example : Airtel , Vodofone etc)
> 2. Each service provider has their own SMS center
> 3. From SMS center  the message reach to the recipient.
>
> In this scenario how can i make use of service providers SMS center to
> send my sms
> Is it possible to write our own sms gateway in python to interact with
> all type of sms centers.
> Do we have pay any charge to access  providers SMS center, or comes
> free of cast.
>
> i supposes Most of mobile carriers offer free Email To SMS gateways
> which can be used to forward simple text emails to a mobile phones.
> Thanks
> --

regards,
Banibrata