Python Goes Mercurial

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Thu Apr 2 08:53:20 EDT 2009

On 1 Apr., 07:56, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l... at geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <35d429fa-5d13-4703-
>
> a443-6a95c740c... at o6g2000yql.googlegroups.com>, John Yeung wrote:
> > Here's one that clearly expresses strong antipathy:
>
> >  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2009-March/087971.html
>
> There are lots of GUI- and Web-based front ends to Git. And look at on-line
> services like GitHub and Gitorious. The level of support for it is huge.

Ironically Mercurials most popular UI frontend Tortoise is going to
crash Python tools ( like Wing-IDE ) on Windows. That's a known issue
for about a year and more and the developers are not inclined to fix
it. This doesn't really increase my trust that Mercurials UI tools are
of a higher quality than Git's no matter which platform is used.