PEP 382: Namespace Packages

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at
Fri Apr 3 03:15:49 CEST 2009

While solving this problem, is it possible also to address an issue that
shows up in certain distributions?  I'm specifically talking about the fact
that on Redhat/Fedora, we have on x86_64 both /usr/lib/pythonxx/ and
/usr/lib64/pythonxx.  The former is supposed to be for non-arch specific
packages (pure python) and the latter for arch-specific.

If it happens that there is:

This (and probably some similar variations) won't work with the current
module loading algorithm.  (I believe this is the issue I encountered, it
was a while ago).