statvfs clearance

Albert Hopkins marduk at letterboxes.org
Sat Apr 4 10:46:09 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 15:48 +0200, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
> Sreejith K <sreejithemk at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Python's statvfs module contains the following indexes to use with
> > os.statvfs() that contains the specified information
> >
> > statvfs.F_BSIZE
> >     Preferred file system block size.
> [...]
> > statvfs.F_NAMEMAX
> >     Maximum file name length.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me (or give me some links to know) what are these
> > values ? The first three I know, I need to know about the rest....
>
> You can simply print them, they are integers:

> 8
> --

Oh, did the OP mean the values of the indices?  Yeah, of course you can
just print them.  Or even look at statvfs.py.  It's a whopping 15 lines:

"""Constants for interpreting the results of os.statvfs() and
os.fstatvfs()."""

# Indices for statvfs struct members in the tuple returned by
# os.statvfs() and os.fstatvfs().

F_BSIZE   = 0           # Preferred file system block size
F_FRSIZE  = 1           # Fundamental file system block size
F_BLOCKS  = 2           # Total number of file system blocks (FRSIZE)
F_BFREE   = 3           # Total number of free blocks
F_BAVAIL  = 4           # Free blocks available to non-superuser
F_FILES   = 5           # Total number of file nodes
F_FFREE   = 6           # Total number of free file nodes
F_FAVAIL  = 7           # Free nodes available to non-superuser
F_FLAG    = 8           # Flags (see your local statvfs man page)
F_NAMEMAX = 9           # Maximum file name length