Python Goes Mercurial

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Apr 5 05:11:22 EDT 2009

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai at in-nomine.org> writes:

> -On [20090405 09:35], Lawrence D'Oliveiro (ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand) wrote:
> >Tell you what, keep the ad-hominem bullshit out of this discussion,
> >and I agree to do the same. Deal?
>
> I guess I touched a nerve, so you must consider yourself one of
> those then.

Alternative explanation: You made bullshit ad-hominem attacks instead
of addressing the arguments. Please cut it out.

> Just for the record: I meant that there's always a group who
> actively push one solution over all others without regard to what
> the current situation demands. If you cannot step back and look at
> the whole without trying to push your own things, there's nary a
> word other than rabid and zealous for that type of behaviour.

If you can look at the process that was followed in this decision and
see “push one solution over all others without regard to what the
current situation demands” you're not looking very hard.

--
 \       “I am amazed, O Wall, that you have not collapsed and fallen, |
  `\            since you must bear the tedious stupidities of so many |