Spring-like IoC in python?

Giovanni Giorgi jj at objectsroot.com
Sun Apr 5 05:51:17 EDT 2009

Hi all, I have just read the Thread "Thoughts on language-level
configuration support?" started by jfager. I have worked in the past days
with Java Spring.
I found very valuable the ideas behind Inversion of Control (IoC).
I think it should be a very nice feature to get into python too.
In detail, I think the most important concept is the ability to auto-wire
dependencies declared in the configuration file.
It is the "added value" of such idea in my own opinion.
Spring is heavily based on type declaration (in form of concrete class of
interfaces) so this approach is not the preferred path in a dynamically
language like Python.
Do someone have tried or seen something like IoC container based on Python?

--
Giovanni Giorgi
Team Leader & Software Architect