Python Goes Mercurial

Delaney, Timothy (Tim) tdelaney at avaya.com
Sun Apr 5 18:58:15 EDT 2009

As someone who has to use ClearCase UCM at work (damned politics!) I can
tell you that I very much prefer creating a separate view (directory)
for each branch as I used to do in Base ClearCase.

All too often you end up having to deliver multiple activities together
because someone else made a change that touched files that you have
modified in separate activities, and because you can't deliver without
rebasing you end up forced to deliver both changes together (because the
rebase creates a dependency between the files).

Now, I don't know if git has a similar problem, but it makes me wary of
any VCS which purports to work with multiple branches, etc in a single
directory.

Tim Delaney