Example for readline module usage?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Mon Apr 6 16:38:11 CEST 2009

On 2009-04-06, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>> [I swear I've asked this question before, but Google can't find
>> it.]
> My Google is better than yours then:
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2008-July/669582.html

It certainly is.  All I could come up with were tons of hits on
the file-object's readline.  What I don't understand is
how/where the readline module is told what file descriptor it's
supposed to be reading from.  Is that just implicit in the
"import" operation?

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm having BEAUTIFUL
                                  at               THOUGHTS about the INSIPID
                               visi.com            WIVES of smug and wealthy
                                                   CORPORATE LAWYERS ...