Issue with subprocess Module

tarun tarundevnani at
Tue Apr 7 13:04:50 CEST 2009

Hello All,

I've a batch file to be  invoke using a python script. The batch file has
pause, and the time, I need to send some command to the batch file from my
scripts. I placed both, the batch file (test.bat) and the python script
( in the same folder. And executed ''

(Please find the source files and error below).

*I get the following error:*
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 74, in run_nodebug
  File "D:\", line 4, in <module>
    proc = subprocess.Popen(my_bat,stdin=subprocess.PIPE)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\", line 588, in __init__
    errread, errwrite) = self._get_handles(stdin, stdout, stderr)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\", line 717, in _get_handles
    c2pwrite = self._make_inheritable(c2pwrite)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\", line 746, in _make_inheritable
WindowsError: [Error 6] The handle is invalid

*Python Script:*
import subprocess,os
my_bat = os.getcwd()+'\\test.bat'
proc = subprocess.Popen(my_bat,stdin=subprocess.PIPE)
input = '\n'

*Batch File*
echo "START'
echo 'END'