PyXML and Python-2.6

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Apr 7 10:49:46 EDT 2009

On 7 Apr, 16:01, Andrew MacKeith <and... at mackeith.net> wrote:
> The Python.org "SIG for XML Processing in Python" page indicates that
> "The SIG, through the mailing list and the PyXML project hosted on
> SourceForge...".
>
> The PyXML project on SourceForge " is no longer maintained. ", so
> perhaps the SIG page could be updated.

I think the SIG pages should be migrated to the Wiki. There seems to
be some work proceeding on this:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/Special_Interest_Groups

> Is there a guide to porting projects that depend on PyXML to Python-2.6?

You could start here:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonXml

Look under "W3C DOM-like libraries" for some candidates. I've
maintained libxml2dom for quite some time because I started out with
PyXML and wanted something whose maintenance was guaranteed, even if
it was me who was going to be doing it.

Paul