asynchronous python call

joeygartin joeygartin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 13:03:58 EDT 2009

Complete newbie, so forgive my improper use of Python terminology.

I am working with Django and I have to send off a number of emails
after a person has filled out a form.  What I want is to make a call
that goes off to form and send the emails and redirect the user to
another view.  I have this working now, but I noticed it is a bit
slow.  So I was hoping there was a way to spin off the process and
redirect the user to the page while the emails are being formed and
sent vs. making the page hang while it is done.

Thank you!