Python syntax

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Wed Apr 8 13:04:39 EDT 2009

On Apr 7, 11:39 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l... at geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <mailman.3514.1239161591.11746.python-l... at python.org>, Steve
>
> Holden wrote:
> > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> >> Try a Linux command prompt. You'll learn a bit more that way.
>
> > Great advice when Linux is available, but somewhat fatuous for a Windows
> > user.
>
> How hard is it to install Cygwin

It's actually quite difficult. Even if you think ahead and
ask that the various compilers are to be installed, that won't
include various utilities like "make" (which are part of a
different install component).

It takes a lot of trial and error trying to get, say, GMP
to compile.