Character strings / Python 3.0 C API

rch.astra at googlemail.com rch.astra at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:58:36 EDT 2009

Sorry but it did not help... I tried this:

        PyObject* key = PyList_GetItem(moduleKeys,idx);
        char* theKeyName = PyUnicode_AsUTF8String( key );

And this, just in case:

        PyObject* key = PyList_GetItem(moduleKeys,idx);
        char* theKeyName = PyUnicode_AsUTF8String( PyObject_Str
(key) );

(Although it should work in the first case since key is suposed to be
a string already, the module name). In all the cases, I obtained an
empty string when using theKeyName:

PySys_WriteStdout("Module '%s'\n", theKeyName);

The issue is that all PyUnicode* functions are returning PyObjects.
PyString_AsString return value was char*. Is there any real equivalent
of this function?

Thanks again. Best regards,

RC