Cannot find text in *.py files with Windows Explorer?

John Doe jdoe at usenetlove.invalid
Thu Apr 9 20:50:29 EDT 2009

Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> John Doe wrote:

>> Anybody have a solution for Windows (XP) Explorer search not
>> finding ordinary text in *.py files?
>
> It came up a couple of months ago either on this
> list or on python-win32. Don't have web access
> at the moment, but try searching the archives for
> references to search, registry settings and probably
> an msdn link.

I think it goes something like this...
Right-click My Computer -- manage -- services and applications --
right-click indexing service -- properties -- generation -- check
Index files with unknown extensions

Note: turning on indexing is not necessary.

Thanks to the replies.

--
Interested in making Windows and games obey your verbal commands?
Continuous command recognition (much easier than speech recognition)