zProblem

norseman norseman at hughes.net
Fri Apr 10 20:14:01 EDT 2009

norseman wrote:
> Gabriel Genellina wrote:
>> En Fri, 10 Apr 2009 14:50:57 -0300, norseman <norseman at hughes.net>
>> escribió:
>>
>>> However, in order to explain my problem, I need to control the font
>>> since text graphics only work for a given font. It's as small as I can
>>> get it.
>>
>> I didn't understand what your problem is actually.

======================================

Let me recant a bit on my reply to Gabriel:
	To Wit:  I re-read the contents of the pdf and I think I can see where
I wasn't completely clear on the differences between grid and parcel.  I
need to place differently sized "pieces of paper" on a mockup. The docs
to Tkinter mention using inches or other units of measure but Tkinter
does not actually allow that. At least I cannot get it to do so. Another
tidbit I had found stated that the "grid" would be the bounding
dimensions of the first "piece of paper" placed on the background and
could not be confined to itself only.  Which seem to be true.
Publishing companies have long used gridded backdrops to provide
placement of non-same sized things to help minimize wasted space. (Good
layout people eyeball it just fine.)  I need some way to get things of
different sizes onto the backdrop - where I want them,  regardless.
Something like, backdrop is 10 inches wide and 5 inches tall. First
piece of paper is 2x2 inches and second is 6x3 (goes under first) and
third is 4 x 2 and goes next to first and on top of second. And so on.
Tkinter (actually Tk) isn't liking me very much.

Is that better?
I'm a little too close to the problem.

Steve